Sending money overseas
There are many reasons you might want to exchange your pounds for a foreign currency, from paying school fees to buying wine, renovating a holiday home to paying an agent for its upkeep. Or perhaps you’re just going on a luxury holiday and want some serious spending money. Whatever the reason, using a credit or debit card or sending direct via your bank will incur serious fees and almost always means you’ll be getting an unfavourable exchange rate as well.
So you want to send money overseas?
Whatever your reason for sending money overseas or needing access to foreign currency, we can help. We currently cater to more than 35 currencies around the world and offer same day transfers you can do yourself via our online platform for anything up to £50,000.
If you’d rather get some help and advice, one of our expert team is only ever a phone call away to answer your questions and guide you on the right time to exchange based on current and predicted future rates. And if you’re in no great rush, we can also help secure a fixed exchange rate now for a transfer date in the future, known as a forward contract. Here’s how we can help:
- Open a Clear Currency account – it’s free, comes with no obligations and takes about two minutes.
- From your online Clear account you can follow the simple instructions to make your exchange – we’ll show you the exchange rate, what you’ll get for your pounds and will let you know as soon as the exchange is complete, usually the same day.
- If you’d rather speak to one of our team, you can call or email us and we’ll advise you on the best options for your situation and will do our best to answer any other questions you may have.
- Let us know where you’d like the foreign currency sent, once your exchange is made and we’ll transfer it immediately from your Clear account. Or you can leave the money in your Clear account until you’re ready to send it on.
- That’s it – simple!
We’ve helped thousands of people and businesses send money overseas quickly, painlessly and with market-leading rates that save you money.
Don't rely on your bank for currency transfers
With Clear Currency, you’ll get transparency on what you pay, the convenience of a dedicated online exchange platform and a guaranteed competitive exchange based on the mid-market rate rather than an inflated bank rate.
the big challenges of sending money overseas
- Fluctuating and inflated exchange rates
- Hidden bank charges and fees
- Converting large sums of money economically
- Getting the timing right to maximise exchange rates
The benefits of using Clear Currency to send money abroad
- Expertise to help you pick the best time to move your money
- Best exchange rates based on the mid-market rate
- Secure and reliable – we’re FCA regulated
- Protection from fluctuating rates with locked in forward contracts
- Huge savings in hidden fees, charges and inflated exchange rates from the banks